Top PDF Converter Pro-How to Convert PDF to Writable PDF on Mac/Windows?Posted by in Convert/Edit PDF Files
Do you have several PDF files that are only readable? When you need to edit, copy or print them, it must be annoying, right? If you’re in this kind of situation, follow the steps below to convert readable only PDF to writable PDF.
- Sometimes, your PDF files are actually writable. However, your operating system marks it as only readable. To make PDF writable in this situation, all you need is right-click on the PDF file, choose “Properties”, uncheck the “Read-only” box and click “Apply”.
- And sometimes your PDF is not writable, that’s because they are secured with passwords or they are scanned PDF files. To make PDF writable, you need a powerful PDF tool to convert PDF to writable file formats. The following are short steps for how to make a PDF to writable file with PDF Converter Pro in Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion or Windows (Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP).
Steps for how to convert PDF to writable file format on Mac/Windows
PDF Converter Pro is a cost-effective tool which enables you to convert PDF to writable PDF. If you PDF files are protected from copying and printing, you can use it to convert them to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB, TEXT and HTML. Below are steps to convert PDF to writable files on Mac and Windows PC.
Step 1. Download PDF Converter Pro
Click the download button to download PDF Converter Pro. Both Mac and Windows version are all available. After you download it, install it on your Mac or Windows PC.
Step 2. Upload PDFs
Drag and drop PDF files to the PDF tool. Batch conversion is supported, so to save time, just upload an array of PDF files to the app.
- If the PDF files you’re uploaded are scanned ones, ensure the OCR function is enabled. On Mac PDF Converter Pro, tick the “Enable OCR” option at the buttom of the main interface. On Windows PDF Converter Pro, slide the OCR button to the right.
- If the PDF files you’ve uploaded are native PDF files that are protected from copying, editing or printing, skip to step 3.
Step 3. Select the writable file format
On Mac PDF Converter Pro, click the little settings button to reveal the output format list. On it, select a writable file format for the output documents, say MS Word, Excel, PPT, Plain Text, and so on. On Windows PDF Converter Pro, click the format icon on the main panel to select it as the output format.
Step 4. Convert PDF to writable file
Click the Convert button to convert PDF to writable file. Bingo ! In a few minutes, you’ll see writable files in the default folder. This is how to convert readable only PDF to writable files. PDF Converter Pro is a nice app to deal with the task. Of course, you’re able to select Adobe Acrobat X to do the task as well. However, when converting a password protected PDF file, you are demanded to enter the right password on Acrobat.
PDF Converter Pro for Windows:
PDF Converter Pro for Mac:
- PDF Batch Conversion-Batch Convert PDF in Mac OS X Mountain Lion/Window
- How to copy PDF to PowerPoint-Copy encrypted PDF to PowerPoint?
- PDF to GIF-How to Convert PDF to GIF in Mac OS X Mountain Lion/Windows?
- Best Way to Convert PDF Image to Microsoft Excel on Mac OS X and Window
- Best Way to Convert PDF to GIF on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Windows XP/7/8
- PDF to Word Conversion-How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac and Windows PC