Play Panasonic HC-X800 AVCHD 1080/60p Video on Mac with HC-X800 AVCHD Converter for MacPosted by in Convert AVCHD/AVCHD Lite
Panasonic HC-X800 is one of the latest 3MOS camcorders. The camcorder encompasses 3 x CMOS sensors (ful 1080p capture) for near professional footage and a 12 x optical Leica Dicomar zoom lens. Blur free hand held images aided by the inclusion of the Hybrid OIS (optical stabiliser). The Panasonic X800 also features a high resolution 3.0″ LCD 460K-dot, AVCHD recording and a fantastic 16 Megapixel still image recording. The HC-X800 Black has dimensions of 63 x 68 x 134 mm, weighs 345g, and SDHC / SDXC memory cards compatibility. Storage of approx. 80mins of footage on a 16GB SDHC card. The HC-X800 HD camera stores videos in .mts format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression.
Nowadays many people will own a HD camcorder or more generally with the brand like Panasonic, Sony or Canon. My sister also have a Panasonic HC-X800 which is bought this year. This HD cam produces 1080/60P recordings. The Full HD video footages are saved as MTS files in memory cards. I am trying to help her find the solution to make HC-X800 AVCHD files play on my Mac for enjoyment. After searching online, I found two solutions for playback 1080P HD videos on my Mac mini. Now I will share my whole usage experience. Keep reading and probably this will help you too.
Find MTS files on Panasonic HC-X800:
After connecting the Panasonic HC-X800 to the mac mini, the HD cam is shown as an external drive. Double click on BDMV folder and continuing clicking Stream folder. You will find the AVCHD MTS HD recorded videos or footages. See the following picture and it shows the whole structure clearly.
Play MTS recording video with VLC player on Mac:
My first thought is to find an easy media player to support MTS playback. VLC player comes to my mind. This software can indeed be compatible with MTS very well. But still problems: One is the video clips are separated and not a whole one. When a clip is over, a black screen appear for a second and then next clip. It is annoying. Moreover, I do not know it is the problem for VLC player or my Mac mini, the video is not smooth and always pauses. Probably my mac has no the enough power. After all, AVCHD 1080P files are very large. To handle it, powerful space and power are needed. So I think I should find other ways to play these footages.
Convert Panasonic HC-X800 1080P MTS to MOV:
Mac computer is compatible with MOV quite well. Another solution I know is to convert HC-X800 HD cam files to H.264 MOV for playback with Quicktime player on mac. Spending much time on google search, finally I focused on Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac as best HC-X800 AVCDH video converter.
Why is Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac best for me?
- Easy and simple interface. Three or four clicks make the conversion task done. My favorite thing.
- Own the merging function. It can join all my MTS video clips to a single one. Thus I can enjoy the whole video without any glitch and pause. No annoying thing.
- This software can work well for 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion. My mac mini is 10.4 OS. Now few tools can support 10.4 Tiger system.
See the simple operating steps:
- Click Add to import 1080P Panasonic HC-X800 videos to the program.
- Select H.264 MOV in Common Video of Format box for Quicktime player.
- Click Convert button to start converting HC-X800 1080P videos to H.264 MOV.
Yes, now it is time to play and watch Panasonic HC-X800 recording videos on my mac mini. Thanks to this Panasonic HC-X800 video converter for mac.
- Mac Convert Panasonic DMC-LX5 AVCHD Lite to MOV for iDVD
- Convert Panasonic TM700 1080p AVCHD to MOV for iPhoto on Mac
- Convert DMC-FH25 AVCHD Lite to MOV for Burning DVD with iDVD on Mac
- Convert SD900/SD800/SD700/SD600 MTS to Adobe Premiere
- DMC-ZX3 AVCHD Lite Converter-Convert Panasonic DMC-ZX3 AVCHD Lite MTS to MOV Mac
- Mac Convert Canon HF R10 1080/60i 24mbps MTS to H.264 .mov for FCP